Today's quiz question:
Is Steve Martin in Roxanne a) a policeman, b) an innkeeper, or c) a fire chief?
We offer film reviews by respected UK film critics David Quinlan and Alan Frank.
Ask the Greybeards - send us your film question and we'll do our best to answer.
We provide free film quizzes of varying difficulty - ideal for parties, family gatherings or pub events.
Our latest reviews:
- Ride Along (AF) - I found the best thing about this laugh a minute comedy (unfortunately, I must have blinked that minute and missed the laugh) were the end credits.
- Escape from Planet Earth (3D) - This amiably brisk and suitably silly animated science fiction adventure for kids, which was released in the States in July 2013 should please its target audience,...
- Grand Budapest Hotel, The - This is a very odd film indeed and quite the silliest since the days of Richard Lester and his Beatles movies. Those expecting a tale about the various characters...
- 300: Rise of an Empire (3D) (DQ) - Testosterone gone mad, awesome battle scenes, dreadful acting (some of the worst in a major film for some time), and limbs and heads hacked off left, right and centre, ...
- 300: Rise of an Empire (3D) (AF) - First came cartoons and caricatures, then comic strips and comic books (the latter a fertile source for superhero movies) many of them giving birth to family...