Today's quiz question:
In which city is The Third Man principally set?
We offer film reviews by respected UK film critics David Quinlan and Alan Frank.
Ask the Greybeards - send us your film question and we'll do our best to answer.
We provide free film quizzes of varying difficulty - ideal for parties, family gatherings or pub events.
Our latest reviews:
- Frozen (3D) - The real-life, as opposed to the untruthful non-smoking version of Walt Disney, delivered with several steam shovels overflowing with saccharine by Tom Hanks in...
- Oldboy - It is quite possible that Korean filmmaker Park Chan-Wook’s scary and sinister 2003 ‘Oldboy’ may have been overrated because (a) it was different without being a...
- Black Nativity - “Christmas time is here, by golly, disapproval would be folly,” wrote Tom Lehrer.
And he was right. Well, as far as seasonal movies go, that is. Scrooge might have...
- Big Bad Wolves - Who would dare make a black comedy about the rape and mutilation of young girls? The Israelis, that's who, and a right indigestible mess this turns out to be. ...
- Nebraska - Quite often boring in its arty, melancholy way - lots of time to dig those black-and-white wide open spaces of Montana and Nebraska - this mood piece, with folksy,...