Today's quiz question:
For what newspaper does Spiderman, alias Peter Parker, work: a) The Daily Clarion, b) The Daily Planet, or c) The Daily Bugle?
Ask the Greybeards - send us your film question and we'll do our best to answer.
We provide free film quizzes of varying difficulty - ideal for parties, family gatherings or pub events.
Our latest reviews:
- Sully - Miracle on the Hudson - Almost everybody remembers the US flight that crash-landed miraculously on the Hudson River in 2009, saving all 150 people on board from what seemed like certain...
- Moana (2D/3D) - A simply smashing Disney cartoon feature to entertain all ages, full of throbbing Hawaiian rhythms and Broadway-style songs - admittedly none of them memorable, but...
- Bleed for This - Boxing movies are a bit passé these days, but here's one that, on balance, was probably worth the telling.
Bumped up a couple of weights by a canny trainer...
- Edge of Seventeen, The - Teenage angst, 21st century style. 17-year-old Nadine (Steinfeld) has only one friend, hates her Adonis-like brother Darian (Jenner), school, her widowed mother...
- Blue Velvet (re-issue) - For all its deficiencies, there never has been a film quite like Blue Velvet.
It's not just the presence of Hopper, who frequently seems on the edge of...
- United Kingdom, A - A United Kingdom, we are informed, “is based on extraordinary true events”.
In 1947, law student Seretse Khama, the king of Botswana (then the British...
- Creepy - The title tells all?
Well, not exactly.
While the titular psychopath at the centre of co-writer (with Chihiro Ikedaa) and director Kiyoshi Kurosawa’s vivid chiller...
- Allied - Allied is a dull and often boring WW2 melodrama whose brief bursts of action, although well staged, barely lessen the tedium.
In one of the film's few...