Today's quiz question:
In which film does the title character drive a vehicle with the registration 3S96?
We offer film reviews by respected UK film critics David Quinlan and Alan Frank.
Ask the Greybeards - send us your film question and we'll do our best to answer.
We provide free film quizzes of varying difficulty - ideal for parties, family gatherings or pub events.
Our latest reviews:
- White Bird in a Blizzard - Apart from the fact that this may be the erratic Araki's best film to date, it's a pleasure these days to see a movie shot in such beautiful colour, which resembles the...
- Hyena - A sort of arthouse version of the hardman's UK crime flick, this thriller starts with a raid on a drugs den, though it seems more of the proceeds go up the cops' noses...
- Still Alice - This is not only a successful tear-jerker, but also a (rather wrenching) introduction to the ongoing effects of a particularly aggressive form of Alzheimer's. Although...
- Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, The - When in doubt, make a sequel.
And sometimes this hallowed filmmaking regular comes out rather well, as happens here.
Deborah Moggach failed to write a second novel...
- Focus - An amiable but aimless and very lightweight conman caper which casts some of its actors in roles they seem to have little specific aptitude for playing. The film starts...
- Blackhat - I could take the critics’ easy way out and simply slaver over this irritating and undernourished thriller because the director is an auteur.
In truth, though, the...
- Boy Next Door, The - Where to start with something as hilariously bad as this? And, if you think J-Lo is unlikely casting as a classics teacher, then squeaky Chenoweth is spectacularly...
- Catch Me Daddy - Films come no grimmer nor bleaker than this long-winded drama set on the Yorkshire moors, to which haven Laila (Ahmed), a girl of Pakistani heritage, has fled with her...