Today's quiz question:
Which movie sex symbol was married to playwright Arthur Miller?
We offer film reviews by respected UK film critics David Quinlan and Alan Frank.
Ask the Greybeards - send us your film question and we'll do our best to answer.
We provide free film quizzes of varying difficulty - ideal for parties, family gatherings or pub events.
Our latest reviews:
- Mortdecai - It’s not yet February and we already have the 2015 Oscar-winner for Unfunniest Waste of Film Stock.
To be fair, there was one sequence that I really enjoyed: it was...
- Most Violent Year, A - Good performances from the two leads and an edgy atmosphere help boost this otherwise run-of-the-mill, crime-tinged drama.
There's trouble with the Teamsters Union...
- Ex Machina - Despite a string of striking images, this is a stale and static sci-fi drama, in which computer geek Caleb (Gleeson) finds himself the winner of a lottery to be...
- Gambler, The - If memory serves, director Wyatt has changed the ending from the original 1974 version of this fitfully entertaining story of compulsive gambling, which has a killer...
- American Sniper (AF) - Clint Eastwood is something of a nightmare to devoted directorial auteurists since, instead of employing the usual ‘look at me’ tropes so beloved of directors who...
- Into the Woods (AF) - I admit it.
With the honourable exceptions of ‘West Side Story’ and ‘A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum’, I’d be quite happy if I never heard any of the...
- Woman in Black 2, The: Angel of Death - There was a time long, long ago when Hammer Films, whom Terence Fisher had scared into stardom in colour with 1957’s The Curse of Frankenstein, stood for the...
- Testament of Youth (AF) - I admit it. I haven’t read proto-feminist Vera Brittain’s much-lauded memoir on which this is based.
That said, I’m reviewing the film, not the book.