Today's quiz question:
Which of the following London underground stations does not appear in the title of the a feature film? a) Victoria, b) Brixton, c) Pimlico, or d) Piccadilly?
We offer film reviews by respected UK film critics David Quinlan and Alan Frank.
Ask the Greybeards - send us your film question and we'll do our best to answer.
We provide free film quizzes of varying difficulty - ideal for parties, family gatherings or pub events.
Our latest reviews:
- Terminator: Genisys (3D) - As long as you don't try to make any sense out of this latest episode of a franchise seemingly as indestructible as the Terminator himself, you're on firmer ground than...
- Magic Mike XXL - The Tampa Kings, those male strippers from Magic Mike, are back. And, even more than in the first film, what you see is what you get. This slightly belated...
- Minions - After stealing the show in Despicable Me (and in the inevitable sequel) the bright yellow pillar-box-shaped mini-creatures get to star in their own movie and...
- She's Funny That Way - “Peter Bogdanovich and his now ex-wife Louise Stratten originally conceived the story for the film, and wrote the screenplay 15 years ago”.
This quote from the...
- Third Man, The (reissue) - Hack writer Holly Martins (Cotten) arrives in post-war Vienna to be told that his friend Harry Lime (Welles) has been killed in a street accident, and that he was mixed...
- Everly - At the start, Salma Hayek wakes up stark naked in the bathroom of her grubby apartment where most of the action of this heinous waste of film stock occurs.
- Overnight, The (AF) - Three cheers for writer-director Patrick Brice.
He’s made a sex movie that’s, for once, is actually (a) funny (b) not embarrassing to watch and (c) one you can safely...
- Slow West (AF) - If you ignore Louis Lumiere’s 1-minute long 1895 comedy L'Arroseur arrosé, then the Western, beginning with Edwin S Porter’s 1903 The Great Train...